Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sunshine Adventure With Maisy Part 2

Remember when I said there would be an adventure with Maisy part 2 and we would walk the other way at Alton Baker park? Well we never did it over spring break but we did today! Over the past week we, here in Eugene, have been hammered by a storm that has given us a ton of rain, wind and even some hail/snow. The weather has kept Maisy and I from going to the park but this morning when we got up the sun was shining and the news said it would be in the high 60's today. Even though I had a ton of homework we couldn't spend the day inside so we headed to Alton Baker and started at the duck pond.


The pond is funny because it is all cement with lots of poop. I was pleasantly surprised to find a fence up because they are remodeling the pond to be less poopy and more natural. Once my Mom and I brought one of my little cousins to the pond when he was around 3 and he slipped on the bird poop and rolled into the pond. It was pretty funny (the water is really shallow and it shocked him more than was dangerous). Anyhoo I thought this sign was funny as if anyone would attempt to swim in the slime. The seagull on top is cute.


Off we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was super hard for me to get a picture of this graffiti because it was under the bridge and like I said before Maisy is afraid of everything especially the noise of cars zooming by overhead. I liked it but I wondered if the blue was covering up a cool face.


Maisy was ready for dip when we reached an old boat ramp on the river.



Halfway bridge!

Pretty view of the river from the bridge.

Geese!

So I forgot to bring a poop bag and Maisy was acting like she was about ready to unload one so I was taking her off in the bushes in the hopes that should the time come she would discreetly excrete where no one could see her. You know how dogs always go at just the wrong time (like right in front of a bike cop or in the park sand box just as a daycare center arrives). Well anyway while we were traipsing through the bushes I found this stencil and I thought it was pretty cool. Guess you never know what you will find when you are on the hunt for a perfect poo spot. Oh and p.s. she never ended up going.. whew..

Hope you had fun coming with us on our adventure walk! Sorry about all the talk about poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment