Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Highlights!

It was a crazy Christmas holiday with something new to do and someone to see nearly every day. I am enjoying relaxing now and playing with my new toys. Next week school starts back up so I am working through my long list of things that need to be done before then. But before I get back to it I thought I would share some of my favorite highlights from the holiday this year.

If you've been reading my blog you know that I handmade all my gifts this year not necessarily because I wanted to but because becoming a student has seriously cut my funds, like to $0. It turned out to be a good thing though because I think I really gave everyone something that fit their personality. What's better than getting something you would never expect but was made with love just for you? Nothing I say.

My step dad with his "wood rat".

My Mom with her carolers.

And brother with his flame. He says he will strap it to the front of the firetruck. Yay!

The other best event this holiday was getting to see my nephews. They live a couple hours away now so seeing them is really a special event. Of course they are super squirmy and hard to get pictures of but here are a couple. They love dinosaurs and got a whole bunch for Christmas.

Wyatt told me he is "fixing the dinosaur's teeth".



I received so many wonderful gifts this year but here are some of my favorites. The crowning glory surely is my new sewing machine from my Dad. My Dad bought me my first sewing machine about 4 years ago. It definitely isn't fancy but it has served me well all these years. It made me a little sad to retire it but it had gotten loud and had a few inconvenient quirks due to how badly I have treated it. I think it will be good to have both in case my new one breaks down or I need to borrow one to someone. The new machine I got this year is a Brother and has a whole bunch of features for making clothing. Of course I don't make clothes but I like having the option because I would love to learn in the future. Also it is computerized and has all kinds of crazy programmable stitches. I had a lot of fun trying them all out. I have already been using the machine and it was a super smooth transition and I love it! Here she is!

This next gem isn't a gift but could have been by how much joy it brought has me and continues to bring. My brother's roommate is this hilarious funny guy and my brother is kind of hmmm how shall I say it.. uptight? Both of them are bachelors (which is crazy pants) but they are. Anyway my bro's roommate got them some silly Christmas sweaters at Goodwill and they took a silly photo in front of their fireplace. My brother almost didn't give me one because he is afraid of what people will think. I told him to lighten up cuz it is HI-larious! (Brother is on the right).

My Mom and step dad got me all kinds of goodies including a vintage 60's suitcase, a gift certificate to get my car cleaned, underwear from my pal Ashley, black boots and more. However the thing I have used the most already are these adorable knit slippers. Look how cute!

Now I must get back to checking things off my to-do list! Later dudes...

No comments:

Post a Comment