Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The BeBes are Finally Moving to Mexico

Hello everyone!  I am sitting in the San Francisco airport waiting for my flight to Mexico.  I have a 6 hour layover so I thought it would be a great time to fill you all in on the recent BeBe Babies news.  I spent 6 months in Mexico looking for a job and setting myself up and now I am returning after a two and a half week visit home.  Unfortunately it is very difficult to find supplies for BeBe making in Mexico but I'm making some headway there.  Mexico has very large and wonderful fabric shops but it seems they only stock utilitarian supplies (think curtains, table clothes and uniforms) and not a lot for the crafter.  I can not find wool felt, fabric pens, weighting materials, bulk stuffing, jointing supplies, etc but I will keep looking.  I am trying to avoid ordering too many supplies  from the US because I do not want to drive up my dolls prices.  I do have a sewing machine there and the rest of my supplies are packed securely in my luggage as we speak, so hopefully they last a while.  




OOAK Fern is available in the shop here.

I am now the proud owner of a Mexican visa and I have a great new job teaching English at a wonderful school in Mexico.  I have a one way ticket and no immediate plans to return to the US.  What that means for BeBe Babies is that going forward all BeBes will be made and shipped from Mexico.  What is currently listed in my shop is available and will be shipped from the US by my Mom.  I will be opening a new Etsy shop in Mexico that will have correct shipping and retail prices.  I am still unsure how this will effect my customers regarding prices, but I promise to bring you my creations at the lowest possible price, as always.  



OOAK Mindy is available here.

Shipping time will increase greatly as well so if you are interested in Christmas shopping you will need to let me know well in advance to make sure the dolls arrive in time for the holiday.  Most likely I will be unable to accommodate last minute Christmas shoppers.  This makes me very sad but it is the way it is I suppose.  Once the shop is open in Mexico I will let you know right away.



OOAK Holly Hobbie inspired doll- Custom Order

I hope that if you are looking for a special Christmas dolly you can find a large selection in my shop now.  There are several Soft Hearts, Pets, Bundle BeBes, Sweeties and finally some new Cuddle BeBes.  Here's a look.





I would like to share one last custom order that was a new design for me.  A customer requested this giant BeBe Pet bear to have arms and legs like my regular BeBes.  I love how he came out so much that I think I will be making more.  What do you think?


Well I think that is enough sharing.  As always you can find all my creations, including custom orders, in my Flickr album.  Thank you all for your continued support.



2 comments: